www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Lisa Dusseault <l...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Yahoo! DomainKeys Patent License
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:10:46 GMT

Roy said in an email I copied off the public archives of this list:

 > It is a very small change.  Lisa could ask Yahoo! to make the change.

You overestimate my power or Yahoo!'s willingness to make this
change :)  Noel and I already asked Mark Delany if that kind of
change could be made and he saw no need to make the change because
there was WG consensus that the technology could be used in DKIM
(probably because it was felt that the GPL license plus this one
under discussion made the technology freely available).

I also notified the rest of the IESG of the concerns I knew of,
although the problems are pretty vague so far.  I can't personally
state that the license terms make DKIM unimplementable by anybody.

Lisa