www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about an open source licence
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:03:40 GMT
Hi guys,

we are willing to use a tool to drawx some beutifull UML pictures, and
we were loking at Poseidon UM (a tool built from Argo UML, by the
gentleware company). They have recently changed their community edition
licencing strategy, from a totallly free of use with a 3 monts renewable
token, to a one year license, for open source project, under certain
conditions, like having their logo on the web site, etc, etc. Here are
the terms of this new licence :
http://www.gentleware.com/opensource.html

Is it acceptable? Do you think this is too much ?

I don't really care to switch to another tool at this point, I can also
buy a licence for myself (I guess that the produced PNG, even when
tagged by their name, are still legal to use if I have a valid licence),
but if I can avoid spending this mony for me, and if other member of our
community can avoid it, and be able to use the very same tool, it wold
be a gain.

wdyt ?

Emmanuel lecharny