www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: easier IP clearance
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 23:27:45 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> IIRC, when we crafted the docs, the CLA vehicle was to provide for
> volunteers to say "whatever I submit/commit I license to the
> ASF". The actual grant (and grant section of the CCLA) was for
> a directed donation of a specific codebase, such that person
> could say "I donate this but nothing else."

hmmm, I'm confused or maybe I just misunderstand what you've said here.

In the definition of "contribution" in section 1 of the CCLA at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt I don't spot any
wording that limits the contribution to just what's listed in the grant
section of the CCLA (schedule B). In fact, it sounds like anything will
be included unless explicitly marked "Not a Contribution."

 -jean