www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: GPL Product with Floss - License hosted and distributed with ASF software?!
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:25:49 GMT
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:18:09PM -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:
> IANAL etc, and I don't know how well written that license is, but I
> get the feeling from it that the above is the intention and that would
> definitely mean that ASF policy wise you should still treat it as a
> GPL licensed work.

FWIW, for APR-util, we don't permit the MySQL DBD driver to be bundled
because MySQL has a similar FLOSS exception which places a roughly
equivalent (and unacceptable) burden for our downstream devs and users.
So, if you want it, you have to download it separately from Nick's site
directly.  -- justin