www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From j.@jmason.org (Justin Mason)
Subject Re: Yahoo! DomainKeys Patent License
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:39:33 GMT

Noel J. Bergman writes:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
> > i've found out that noel raised this in november
>
> And I still don't have a resolved answer.  Cliff seems to feel that it is
> OK.  Roy and Greg, for different reasons I believe, appear to feel that it
> is not OK.
>
> And I am told by Lisa Dusseault, who has read the public thread on
> legal-discuss, that we need to have a resolution for this *ASAP* because
> there is a very small window left where we can have it changed before this
> becomes a formal RFC.
>
> I do feel that there is an urgency to getting a policy resolution on this
> matter ASAP.  I don't know if this is something that the Board is willing to
> have come from our VP of Legal Affairs, or if the Board itself wants to make
> a resolution, but we need to either have Yahoo! amend the terms, agree to
> accept the terms, or we have to ban the use of the RFC by ASF projects.

And how does that affect our use in SpamAssassin (where it is used via
external, third-party CPAN modules,
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-DomainKeys/ and
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-DKIM/ , rather than in SpamAssassin
code?)

Where are the discussions of this happening?  Can I bring pressure to bear
from the SpamAssassin angle?

--j.