www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Mahmood, Anwar" <anwar.mahm...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Re: License]
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:10:51 GMT
Dear Mr Fielding,

Thank you for your mail the contents of which I will take further
instructions from our commercial management.

Our original proposal was that we license to the foundation on the
Apache version 2.0 license terms. The issues that have arisen are a
result of the Foundations license grant document which included terms
which were in our view in divergence to releasing the software as open
source. We do not propose to introduce restrictions that are not in your
version 2.0 license and will compare the terms to ensure they are
consistent.

I will let you have revised grant shortly. However, pending our
managements, instructions I trust we can resolve any misunderstandings
and conflicts in an amicable manner.

Regards

Anwar Mahmood

Legal Director

Telecoms

LogicaCMG - Releasing your potential

2 Trinity Park
Birmingham
B37 7ES
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)121 787 0000
Direct Dial: +44 (0) 121 787 0359
Mobile: +44 (0) 7779 326286

E-mail:anwar.mahmood@logicacmg.com

www.logicacmg.com/telecoms

Confidentiality: This e-mail including any attachments is intended for
the above named adressee(s)only and contains confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error you must take no action based
on its contents , nor must you copy or show the e-mail or any
attachments to anyone; please reply to the sender of this e-mail
informing them of the error.

Viruses: We recommend that in keeping with good computing practice the
recipient should ensure that e-mails received are virus free before
opening.