www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Mahmood, Anwar" <anwar.mahm...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Re: License]
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:48:24 GMT
Dear Mr Fielding,

Re your email

On the points you raise ;

1) Yes we are looking to grant Apache a license to use the Software. We
acknowledge we do not need a license back of the Software itself however
we do seek a license of any changes Apache makes or open source
contributors make, I have amended the draft accordingly. I see no
inconsistency with copyright law which grants rights of copyright
ownership to the creator of a work. Development is creation if you want
to say creator we can do so.

2) On this issue we disagree with you. Let us be clear we are only
making the software available with the express condition it is kept open
source there is no negotiation on this. You will have no commercial
exploitation rights so your requirement is a non starter.

3) There will be limitations I don't agree with your view at all.

You seem to have overlooked that we are offering this Software without
charge for the benefit of the whole open source community the license
must and will be compatible with these objectives. It is suggested that
you rethink your non conciliatory stance on this as the proposal as it
is for mutual and charitable benefit.

Regards

Anwar Mahmood

Legal Director

Telecoms

LogicaCMG - Releasing your potential

2 Trinity Park
Birmingham
B37 7ES
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)121 787 0000
Direct Dial: +44 (0) 121 787 0359
Mobile: +44 (0) 7779 326286

E-mail:anwar.mahmood@logicacmg.com

www.logicacmg.com/telecoms

Confidentiality: This e-mail including any attachments is intended for
the above named adressee(s)only and contains confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error you must take no action based
on its contents , nor must you copy or show the e-mail or any
attachments to anyone; please reply to the sender of this e-mail
informing them of the error.

Viruses: We recommend that in keeping with good computing practice the
recipient should ensure that e-mails received are virus free before
opening.