www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject May we expose other products in wiki ?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:45:27 GMT
Hi,

just a question which may sound silly, but as we already have this kind of
issue, I want to be sure that we don't do something stupid. Here is the
question :

- may we add pointers to commercial products in a wiki ?

What we basically want to do is to list the Ldap Browser we know about, and
add a minimal comparison with what we are building (LdapBrowser).
- we have the link of the company,
- tits price
- supported OS
- and some screen snapshots.

6 months ago when doing some benchmarks against other Ldap server, we
received a letter from Sun which was not exactly kind, so i'm wondering if
we should simply ditch what we have done, or if we should limit the
information to just referencing alternatives tools, or if we should avoid
screen snapshots to avoid IP violations or any kind of image/design propertu
violations, or whatever rstriction we should consider.

Any insight from you guys will be welcomed :)

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny