www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on CDDL
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:06:42 GMT
On 11/10/06, Mario Ivankovits <imario@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi!
> > has the board accepted Common Development and Distribution License
> > (CDDL) to be compliant to Apache 2.0 ?
> >
> Is there any update on this?
> I would like to add javamail as dependency to the commons-vfs sandbox.

If what you want to do is include a CDDL-licensed jar file(s) within
an Apache distribution, you can do this as long as you "inform
recipients of any such Covered Software in Executable form as to how
they can obtain such Covered Software in Source Code form in a
reasonable manner on or through a medium customarily used for software
exchange."  In other words, make sure you include a sentence in the
NOTICE file telling users where they can get the source.

Cliff