www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: including schema files from standard bodies in distribution?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 04:07:16 GMT
I think all these licenses are OK. There are already several Apache projects
which include them too. Looking at the licenses, all of them are very short
and don't seem to impose any restrictions on distribution, other than
including snippets in the NOTICE files.

WS-Addressing:
Permission to copy, display, perform, modify and distribute the
WS-Addressing Specification, and to authorize others to do the foregoing, in
any medium without fee or royalty is hereby granted for the purpose of
developing and evaluating the WS-Addressing Specification.

SOAP-Encoding:
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation, with or without modification,  for any purpose and without
fee or royalty is hereby granted, provided that you include the following on
ALL copies of the software and documentation or portions thereof, including
modifications, that you make....

WSDL:
The Authors grant permission to copy and distribute the WSDL Schema Files in
any medium without fee or royalty as long as this notice and license are
distributed with them.

I believe Xmlbeans includes the WSDL and soap encoding schemas. ServiceMix
includes the WS-Adressing schemas (which while incubating, has made releases
before). I think the Apache WS-A module might include the WS-A schema as
well. So I think we're OK.

Regards,

- Dan