www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Copying Code from Spring
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:33:20 GMT
On 11/25/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) What do we need to do in terms of the license header in the source files?
>  - leave it unchanged?
>  - replace it with standard apache source file header?
>  - something else?

Barring getting a CLA from the Spring folks, leave the license header
unchanged *and* add our license header too.  Then, add a mention into
your LICENSE file that certain files are covered under the AL via
Spring (i.e. paste their LICENSE file into yours).  Fun, eh?

> 2) What do we need to put in the NOTICE.txt?

Add whatever bits the Spring folks have in their NOTICE file.  (If
they don't have anything and you want to be charitable, mention there
that you include code developed by Spring.)

HTH.  -- justin