www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Copying Code from Spring
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 04:55:48 GMT
If we want to copy code (java classes) from the Spring project (which
is ASL 2 licensed) into an Apache project what do we have to do to
comply with the license?

The classes would be renamed, have a new package name and some
functional modifications - but will still be 90% of what the original
Spring versions were.

   http://tinyurl.com/ybhh5l

1) What do we need to do in terms of the license header in the source files?
 - leave it unchanged?
 - replace it with standard apache source file header?
 - something else?

2) What do we need to put in the NOTICE.txt?

tia

Niall