www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Trivial question: LICENSE and NOTICE file in META-INF
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:44:15 GMT
Hi,

We are supposed to include our LICENSE and NOTICE file into META-INF
directory in a JAR distribution (so called 'artifact' in Maven).  Are these
file names are strictly fixed to LICENSE and NOTICE, or can we name it a
little bit differently like LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt?  I know it's a very
silly question, but I just want to make sure which is correct.  :)

Thanks in advance,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6