www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Confluence wiki access for non-committers
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:02:02 GMT
On 9/9/06, Andrus Adamchik <aadamchik@apache.org> wrote:
> I recall some discussions on this topic before, but I can't find them
> in the archives (it probably happened on the infra list). What's the
> latest consensus on giving Confluence wiki access to non-committers
> for the projects that use the resulting content in the official docs/
> website? More specifically:
>
> * Do we need CLA's from all folks who want to write the docs for us?
> * Is there a procedure similar to patch submissions and jira "Grant
> license to ASF" checkbox?

IANAL, but if anything is going to go into SVN then the person making
the change (i.e. the person with the wiki access in this case) should
have a CLA on file.  If it's just the docs, which are maintained in a
wiki and not released as a part of a tarball or something, then I
think running it like a standard wiki (open season, anyone who wants
an account gets access) then that's fine IMO.

-garrett