www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any problems distributing Eclipse buttons?
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:33:34 GMT
On 9/21/06, Andrus Adamchik <aadamchik@apache.org> wrote:
> We have some button icons taken from Eclipse used in Cayenne GUI
> tool. Are there any licensing issues with that?
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/general-navigation.data/toolbar-main.jpg

Any idea what the licensing is on the buttons?

I'd presume EPL. In that case the 3rd party license says we can ship
binary but not source. Interesting one if it's a .png and was created
in Fireworks which uses a bloated .png as its native format :)

Presuming it's EPL - just follow the
http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html info on that, which is to
point to the source form of the dependency in your NOTICE file (I
guess either the eclipse website, or a directory within their svn
tree).

Hen