www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject FW: LICENSE and NOTICE files for zip in distributions
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:57:56 GMT
This got stuck in moderation queue ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Nodet [mailto:gnodet@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:38
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Subject: LICENSE and NOTICE files for zip in distributions

I'm reworking the LICENSE and NOTICE files for ServiceMix.
Jars with license and notice files others than ASL / default ASF notice
were previously put in a separate folder, but it seems that we need
to merge them.

Let me explain my problem.  ServiceMix distribution contains JBI components
which are zip files containing jar dependencies (like a war).
So we have
 rootDir
  \ LICENSE
  \ NOTICE
  \ components
      \ servicemix-http.zip
  \ lib
      \jar files

Inside servicemix-http.zip, we have
  servicemix-http.zip
     \ META-INF
        \ LICENSE
        \ NOTICE
     \ lib
        \ jar files

For example, servicemix-http include xmlsec.jar which has a non ASF only
NOTICE file,
so this NOTICE has been consolidate inside the
servicemix-http.zip/META-INF/NOTICE
file, but is not in the rootDir/NOTICE file itself.

Is it the way to deal with that ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet