www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Apache headers required in generated source files?
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:30:08 GMT
Geronimo is considering publishing a source jar containing files
generated by xmlbeans from the sun j2ee 1.4 schemas.  These source
files will not be in a publically accessible svn repository, so they
will not be available individually from apache.  Do we need to modify
the xmlbeans generated files to include the apache header?  If not,
do we need to include anything other than the normal LICENSE and
NOTICE files in the jar?

I would imagine a similar question would apply to projects that
generate source using javacc etc and wish to publish source jars.

Also, it's possible although unlikely that we would want to include
the binary .xsb files generated by xmlbeans in such a jar.  Is this
acceptable?

many thanks,
david jencks