www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby and the JCP
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:07:01 GMT
A new version of the JDBC4 license has been published. To view it,
please go to
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pfd/jsr221/index.html, click
on "Download", then click on "Review License Agreement". This new
version of the license removes item (3) from the previous version. That
is the item which burdened Derby with the "for testing and evaluation
purposes only" clause. I believe the following:

A) Derby may now distribute a GA release including JDBC4 drivers. There
is no conflict with Apache's "AS IS" clause.

B) Derby's released zips and website do not need to include any
JDBC4-related warnings or restrictions.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks,
-Rick