www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject .exe within distros
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:43:41 GMT
Trying to figure out how to apply the license policy outlined here to
Cayenne Windows distribution:

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-binaries

Simplified Cayenne distro layout looks like this:

cayenne-x.x.x.zip
    LICENSE
    NOTICE
    bin/
      CayenneModeler.exe
    lib/
      cayenne-modeler.jar

In other words, the distribution is a ZIP file that contains expected
NOTICE and LICENSE at the top. "CayenneModeler.exe" is a launcher
within this file (generated with NSIS) that starts a Java Modeler tool.

Question - do we need to do anything special license-wise with the
CayenneModeler.exe launcher file? I would think no, as the parent ZIP
file already contains a NOTICE and LICENSE and the policy states that
"the LICENSE file and NOTICE file are still both required within
every ASF *distribution*", which is what we do already.

Still wanted to confirm...

Andrus