www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification of copyright assignments for contributions etc (was Fwd: C++ code contribution(
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:16:24 GMT
On 7/5/06, Stephen McConnell (DPML) <mcconnell@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

I don't think the board should be micromanaging every case for PMCs,
but if the board notices that a PMC appears to be allowing some
authors (individuals or companies), but not others, to include their
copyright notice within source files, there will be concerns from the
board.  I have no idea what Roy was referring to or if there are other
exceptions being proposed, but I would assume everyone wants this to
be applied fairly to all parties.

Cliff