www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From j.@jmason.org (Justin Mason)
Subject Re: Finally posted: src file header and copyright policy
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:06:57 GMT

Hi Cliff -- some minor text tweak suggestions...

  'When must Apache projects comply with this policy?
  All releases distributed after September 1, 2006 must comply
  with this policy.'

I would suggest:

  'All releases created and distributed after September 1, 2006 must
  comply with this policy.'

since having an (old) tar.gz file available for download counts as
"distribution", I thought, and this gave me a bit of fright until
I read two questions further down.

Also, minor grammar tweak:

   'Is it sufficient just to change the headers on files in trunk and
   active branches?
   Yes. Only active branches that releases are cut from need to be
   updated.'

I would suggest

   'Only active branches from which releases are cut need to be updated.'

I think it reads better -- ymmv of course.

Looks good to me otherwise!

--j.