www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: New copyright header policy
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:55:08 GMT
On Jun 4, 2006, at 5:25 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
>> We are removing the ASF copyright line and nothing else.
>
> And moving it to the NOTICE file, AIUI.  Along with other copyright
> notices
> as applicable.

No.  We are moving the ASF copyright notice.  If someone or some entity
wants us to move their own copyright line as well, then they can ask us
to do so (or do it themselves if they have commit access).

> Separately, If we can no longer reach the person who posted a file
> with:
>
>  * Copyright [2005] <some author>
>
>  * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>  * you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>  * You may obtain a copy of the License at:
>  *
>  * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
> what are our options?

Leave it as is, or add our license header above the copyright line and
remove the header below the copyright line, leaving the copyright line
as is.

....Roy