www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: New copyright header policy
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 06:02:09 GMT
Sorry for being late, but maybe just something else which probably
doesn't touch the policy directly:

The ALv2 is not only used inside the ASF, but also by outside projects.
In these case you often don't have a legal entity that the contributions
are licensed to. Maybe that's bad but that's the way it often happens:
People get together to develop some software. I wonder if there are any
helpful guidelines in this area, especially in light of the new kind of
file header.

But don't let that question hold you up for the internal FAQ!

On 13.06.2006 05:16:18 Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffs@apache.org> wrote:
>  > Before I send this out to committers@, I thought I'd start by sending
>  > it here to collect and answer any FAQ-type questions.  So, here's the
>  > new policy; hit me with any questions you have.
>
> Seems like I've gotten all the questions I'm going to get for now on
> this list.  So, I'm going to take these questions and make a brief
> FAQ and then send this out to committers@ later this week.

Thanks,
Jeremias Maerki