www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [FAQ] CCLA Update
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 00:35:12 GMT

The below are some suggested FAQ entires based on recent threads. I've no
idea if I'm correct on the 2nd one, but it seemed like a likely question.
Will see what transpires and hopefully get a +1 from Cliff at some point.

Hen
---------------

Question:
     What do I do if I become an Apache committer who needs to have a CCLA
signed by my employer, and they already have a CCLA on file?

Answer:
     Have your employer send in a new CCLA.

---

Question:
     I've parted ways with my employer, do I need to make sure they do
anything about the CCLA?

Answer:
     Your employer can retract the CCLA for you as an employee, see (link
to below), though the retraction is not very important once you are no
longer an employee.

---

Question:
     My employer would like to retract their CCLA, how would they go
about doing htis?

Answer:
    Please send a letter to the ASF secretary formally retracting the CCLA
and including the date of the retraction ("effective...") which, of
course, can not be back dated. The letter should also state which
employees are so affected, if appropriate.