www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Jim Barnett" <j...@bea.com>
Subject RE: CCLA question
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 16:55:49 GMT
Matthias:

I'm not sure what the official ASF policy is on this issue, but I do
notice that the CCLA has an exhibit in which the corporate employer
identifies its employees authorized to contribute to the referenced ASF
project.  Probably the easiest thing would be for your new employer to
amend that exhibit to their old CCLA to add your name as an
employee-committer.

Regards,

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: mwessendorf@gmail.com [mailto:mwessendorf@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Matthias Wessendorf
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 6:30 AM
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Subject: CCLA question

Hi,

I have a question regarding a CCLA. I have signed a CLA to be able to
commit to the ASF code repository, two years ago. I haven't done any
work for the ASF during my day job.

Things change... Next month I start to work for a new company. During
my dayjob I am working on the Apache MyFaces project. That company has
already signed a CCLA for other employees. My question is now... is
there a *new* CCLA for me required? Or is the *old*  CCLA still fine?

Or should a question like this be discussed on other lists, like
community @ a.o ?

Thanks,
Matthias

by email and then delete it.