www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE file(s)
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 03:01:30 GMT
On 5/11/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> > If the proper way to go is to have a single LICENSE file with all the
> > license text in it, is there a standard way to delimit these within
> > the file?
>
> One license file.  See httpd as an example:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/LICENSE

Do you mean that we don't need to put a LICENSE file to submodule
directories but only to the project root directory?

In case of the projects which use Maven as a build tool, people can check
out only a few submodules and they builds fine.  Wouldn't this be misleading
people?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6