www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could Xerces-C offer a GPL license in addition to Apache?
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 17:25:48 GMT
Matt England wrote:
> Hello,

> Could Xerces possibly offer an additional, GPL license to their
> distribution?

Details:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

"The ASF will not dual-license our software because such licenses make
it impossible to determine the conditions under which we have agreed to
collaborate on a collective product, and are thus contrary to the Apache
spirit of open, collaborative development among individuals, industry,
and nonprofit organizations."

Oh, and people don't assign copyright to the ASF, instead they provide
us with a Contributor License Agreement:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/

- Sam Ruby