www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javasvn license
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:15:11 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Might it be sufficient to convince tmate to migrate to at least a BSD or
> LGPL style license? Still not sure if this will ever happen, but might
> be the best we can do now.

Mario,

Can I recommend you use Maven-SCM for your interface? That would give
you a simple interface to SVN as well as CVS, Perforce, StarTeam, etc.
We're currently preparing a 1.0 release.

For SVN, by default it uses the command line client, though we *were*
working on a javasvn version (it was based on the BSD version, but it
seems since we'll need a newer one that's going to be a problem). We
should also look at a JavaHL interface.

Does anyone know what NetBeans is doing for their upcoming SVN support?
We're using their cvslib for CVS support and I assumed they'd be
following the same path.

Cheers,
Brett