www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: StAX (JSR 173) API source license
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:27:26 GMT
Do I mistake or what you are describing is the license of the reference
implementation and not the license of the API which is the subject of
this thread ?

I think an RI may or may not be under APL.... it's less important... but
an API to be under a difficult license makes every consumer of this API
(that includes both users of implementations and implementors) under
difficulty.

I hope I do mistake.

paul