www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@apache.org>
Subject Updating license headers for 2006 ?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:17:51 GMT
Hi folks,

I wondered whether there is a, well, established policy regarding the
copyright year specification in the license headers in source code files
and others. I mean, now that we have 2006, should the years in the
license headers be updated to include 2006, even for files that
otherwise would not be changed. Or should only files that actually have
been modified in 2006 have a copyright year of 2006, and all others stay
at 2005 or before ?

regards,
Tom