www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Information Required about Licensing Policy
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:16:03 GMT
On Monday 30 January 2006 22:33, Sridhar Raparthi, Noida wrote:

> We require some information about your licensing policy of Apache Web
> Server.

All Apache Software Foundation licensing is based on exactly the same license;
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

For exact legal advice, please consult a lawyer.

> In this regard we wanted to know the feasibility of the transfer of
> existing licenses at their location to India as per your licensing
> policy. This would allow us to install the licenses at our local servers
> and set up a team here.

Yes, you can install the Apache Web Server on as many servers as you like at
any locations you want, without owing anything to the Apache Software
Foundation.

There are no fees associated with the servers, no end-user licenses required,
no maintenance contracts, no consultancy hours to buy and documentation is
available free on the http://httpd.apache.org website.

Cheers
Niclas Hedhman