www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <m...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Binding votes.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:01:37 GMT
(assuming you meant this to be on list..)

Costin Manolache wrote:
> In most projects the committers do have a vote - maybe not legally
> binding. I.e. a -1 from a comitter has always been accepted  AFAIK.
> If a PMC is ignoring a vote from a comitter - than probably something
> is not working well.

There is no conflict or something here and I completely agree that ignoring committers is
not a good sign.

> The question you should ask is: why are you a comitter and not in the
> PMC, comitter means you can make code changes and contribute - so you
> should try to join the pmc as well, if you are already in other PMCs
> it probably mean you are aware of the requirements.

I am aware of the requirements and being a newbie on the project I haven't yet proven to be
a long term valuable part of the project yet, so not being on the PMC seems quite logical
to me.

Mvgr,
Martin