www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Using Hibernate in an Apache Project
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:09:01 GMT
On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:44 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Cliff
>
> What if we offer the hibernate objects as one option with equivalent
> function available to non-hibernate users?
>
> (However, if we go to the effort of building a non-hibernate option we
> may not bother with the Hibernate option)

Exactly. My preference would be to say that if we can't release the
hibernate plugin from Apache we move that bit of code elsewhere and
release that separately. Its not a huge big deal .. but of course it'll
be much nicer to be able to give all the code from ASF and let users
download their own hibernate jar.

Sanjiva.