www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: What kind of oversight Is required for a release?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:20:28 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> I'd say, ask your PMC chair.

I do not believe that this is a relative matter.  As I understand it, the
requirement is for PMC votes, and projects that don't do that are misguided
and not in accord with the ASF's structure.  Committers have no standing in
our bylaws; only PMC members have standing.  Which is one reason why Roy has
said that any Committer who is not a PMC member should be asking why not,
and wanting to be.

	--- Noel