www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: BSD & 'external' ASL licensed JARs, hosting in SVN repo?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:11:38 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jmdns/
>
> (note the summary page still says LGPL, but if you look in the
> "Latest News" section they say it's ASL 2, and the distro has the ASL
> license in it.
>
> Is it ok to host _any_ ASL 2 licensed product inside our SVN repo?
>
> thanks guys/gals,
>
> cheers,
>
> Paul Smith

While the blurb mentions permission of all parties I find myself
wondering if they obtained permissions from Arthur van Hoff and from
Strangeberry since they were the original copyright holders, but of
jRendezvous not jmdns.  I couldn't find anything in their mailing list
archives or forum that even discuss changing the license. I didn't
download the distro - does it say?