www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: What kind of oversight Is required for a release?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:30:58 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Yes, the entire site needs to be updated, along with all of the
> README files.  Historically, PMC==committers who can vote.

Huh?  That wasn't true since the founding of this project.  The original
PMC was (nearly) all of the committers, but at least for the past five
years while I've been here, there has always been a several month lag
between becoming a committer and becoming a PMC member.  I've never seen
where a committer/non-PMC member's vote was ignored.  Perhaps because
it's never become an issue?

Not that I'm saying it's right, just saying it's so.  And I agree,
updating the site pages would be goodness.

Bill