www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject AFL code in an ASF project
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:09:36 GMT
A question came up about whether or not it would be OK to include a
non-ASF project released under the Artistic Free License (AFL) as part of
an ASF release. One of the differences I'm aware of between the two
licenses is that the AFL provides a guarantee of provenance while the AL
does not. What I don't understand is what effect this would have when an
AFL project is embedded in an AL project.

So, bottom line: Is it OK to include an AFL project as part of an ASF
distributable (i.e. release)?

TIA.

--
Martin Cooper