www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Deahyun Kim" <d...@skusa.com>
Subject regarding licensing Apache
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:31:16 GMT
I have some question regarding licensing Apache software.

I heard that someone try to use Apache web server software

with some charge for government project.

Also, they suggest to modify or develop the original Apache,

because project requires more function compared to Apache

webserver function basically.

I am so wondered how they could propose your goods in public project

without your agree.

I understand that Apache license 2.0 fully as to license and warranty
policy.

So, I would like to confirm whether you can support or not related to

Apache license 2.0 as bellows:

- Whether they can use Apache webserver brand name under

  their modification and development?

- Whether you can release to technical maintenance certification for 5
years

  from now on about your product to someone?

- Whether you can release to Supplier's Certification to someone?

- If they don't follow your Apache License 2.0 without your agreement,

  please kindly let me know what happened to them.

- Can someone offer your goods for commercial intention for public

  site without your license?

- If someone try to use your goods as commercial goods, how they can

  get a certification as to Supplier's and warranty from you officially?

Please check my question as above and give me your opinion.

I don't want to use your goods for commercial intention against your

policy. I am waiting for your kindly helping.

Thank You.

Best Regards

DH KIM