www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: regarding licensing Apache
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:52:51 GMT
On Wednesday 19 October 2005 03:43, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> without wanting to criticise niclas

I agree I should have put more emphasize on legalese disclaimers... I guess I
am not paranoid by nature ;o)

However, I do think that people in general want/need layman opinion to direct
them in the general direction of what the licensing means, especially if you
don't have english as your native tounge.

I remember way back in ~1998, when I was in such position; Unable to afford a
lawyer, and needed to know what the text meant (way before I was comfortable
reading contractual english). I had a use-case scenario, asked Stefano, and
he gave the 'nod' that it was Ok. Terrific, IMHO.

Cheers
Niclas