www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Cliff Schmidt <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CCDL versus ASF
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:45:57 GMT
Sorry for not sending out an update to this list earlier.

The Board has approved a resolution to permit including MPL
*executables* within ASF releases under certain conditions.  I'll put
out a policy document with all the details as soon as I can, but until
then if there are projects/committers out there who would like to take
advantage of this now, let me know your situation (either directly or
on this list) and I will make sure you know what you need to do to get
this done.

As far as CDDL-licensed works, I wasn't able to get the necessary work
done on this to get it approved at the same meeting.  It is a top
priority for me to have done by the Sep 21st board meeting.  I expect
the policy will be very similar, since the license makes modest
changes from the MPL; however, the reason I couldn't push them through
together is that the CDDL changes some definitions to include
executable forms where the MPL is limited to source.  I still think
this will be fine, but it needed more than a cursory review to
approve.

Finally, I did submit an update to the LGPL resolution at the last
board meeting, but the vote was postponed for more discussion.  That
discussion has been actively taking place on the board's mailing list,
in large part based on the input from this list.  There is a chance
that consensus could be gained and a vote could take place prior to
the next scheduled board meeting on the 21st.

Cliff