www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Apache's LGPL Policy
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:14:01 GMT
--On August 2, 2005 11:04:03 PM -0700 Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Of course, I'm not sure how the membership and directors feel about
> it, but regardless of what the so-called policy has been in the past,
> we can always make a new one.  I have a few ideas.

I'd be open to hearing your (and others') suggestions - as I'm sure the rest
of the board would be as well.

My interest is to ensure that we don't submarine our users and downstream
developers by including 'hidden' licensing terms.  At first thought, a
click-through acknowledgment might be sufficient to ease that worry.  -- justin