www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mason ...@jmason.org>
Subject RE: Request for Export Code for Spam Assassin (fwd)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:02:50 GMT

The thread continues.   If they go for SpamAssassin 3.0.0 instead of 2.64,
that's ASF software, in which case the advice I'm getting here -- namely
Lawrence Rosen's last mail -- would apply.

So should I reply with:

    We are informed that Apache SpamAssassin is eligible for "EAR99 (NLR)"
    status.

Does that look/seem suitable?   Do we need more sign-off on that opinion,
first?

(PS: thanks for your help on this, Lawrence!)

(PPS: is legal-discuss supposed to be open and googleable?
http://www.mail-archive.com/legal-discuss@apache.org/ .  stopped around
May, though.)

- --j.