www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: Request for Export Code for Spam Assassin (fwd)
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 00:16:03 GMT
> > > Please provide the Export Control Classification Number for the
> > > following product:
> > >
> > > Spam Assassin 2.64
> > >
> > > If this is not the correct place to make this request, please
> > > forward this to your export compliance office.

The last time someone asked this question I responded as follows:

> Can someone with BXA experience explain why all Apache software isn't
> eligible for "EAR99 (NLR)" status? I understand "NLR" to mean that
> "no license is required."

I never heard from anyone. It is my experience that this category suffices
for all open source software, at least for open source software without
encryption. Unless there is a better answer from one of the other lawyers
here, I suggest we go with "EAR99 (NLR)".

/Larry Rosen