www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache's LGPL Policy
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:12:12 GMT
I'm confused by this in that you define "In Isolation", but do not use
it in the proposal (and am hoping you meant to!).

My interpretation of the proposal sans "In Isolation" is: James (mail
server) could require Hibernate.jar at build time, but we could not
put it into SVN.  Furthermore, when we made a bundled distribution,
that also could not contain Hibernate.jar.  When the user runs James,
it would need to download Hibernate.jar on its own or have the user
download and install it.

This is where I thought "In Isolation" would have come in, for
example, we could not distribute the LGPL JAR "In isolation,"
translation, do not put it into SVN.  However, we could put the LGPL
JAR into bundled distribution.

Am I just wishfully interpretting?

--
Serge Knystautas