www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Apache falls victim to OASIS patent shelter
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:18:05 GMT
Is this really "fall victim" or... "discovers the hole" (the legal one)
and thus saves the rest of the planet ?

I honestly say that such fights are the proof that real open-source
software institutions have a lot of political impact on the rest of the
developers.

Even though it might be GPL-compatible (I don't know), I don't expect
the FSF, CodeHaus, or any other open-source large body to actually take
over WS-security now that such a proof has been made...

how wrong am i ?

paul