www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: IBM and Apache
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:59:44 GMT
I'll also allow my 2pc: Apache foundation is a recognized major
open-source player, I feel that the last announcement of "Apache
Foundation trapped by patent" is considerably wrong and would like to
express the contrary:

"WS-I Security makers trapped by their patents"

namely. I trust the ASF to have enough recognition to be an example: if
the ASF cannot host such a problem, there's an issue and, other
open-source institutions will also not take it. Even Systinet should be
careful...

I might make too much esteem of ASF but I do believe it has enough
visibility for this.

Keep up the good work ASF Legal advisors!

paul