www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@dpml.net>
Subject RE: Followup to: License for WS-Security Meeting Thursday July 21st @9:00
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:33:31 GMT

Davanum:

Is it correct to assume that there is a specific deadline for the disclosure
of patents concerning the current (a.k.a. Thread related) WS-Security
specification?  If there is a deadline - has is passed or is it still to
come?  If it has passed have there been any disclosures published?  If it
has not passed - do we know specifically when the deadline for disclosure
is?  And one more question - does a failure to disclose eliminate the right
of a patent holder to enforce a right (which for example does not appear to
be the case with respect to OSGI related specs and obligations of members).

Cheers, Steve.