www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Derby/Cloudscape Patent
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:35:29 GMT
At 06:07 AM 6/23/2005, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>On the WS-Security issue, can u help? at least with IBM license? If we
>can get an OK from IBM for WSS4J, then we can petition microsoft.
>Right now, it's like flogging a dead horse.

I would not bank on finding additional success though, even
with an IBM grant already;

http://www.apache.org/foundation/docs/sender-id-position.html

just to point out this comes up from time to time, and only
serves to deny us the ability to provide useful code to the
entire community.

But, it's always worth asking.

Bill