www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBM and WS-Security
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:22:08 GMT
William,

In this specific case, Microsoft has not divulged which patent(s) if
any are infringed upon. In the case of IBM and Verisign, from their
legal counsel we know that there are no patents involved on their
side. For microsoft's initial response to my question on specific
patents, see (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200506/msg00123.html).
I think i finally managed to get through to a key decision maker there
- Andrew Layman. Hopefully, we will hear something one way or another.

Also note that this affects the existing Apache WSS4J project and not
just the TSIK incubation.

If there is FUD in IPR statements to the OASIS TC with no specific
patent # and general statements and an offered license. Can we claim
ignorance? (How about after doing a patent search on the USPTO site?)

Cliff,

one more item on your plate. Need to drive the Reviews for other
Apache projects:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/ReviewsNeeded/

thanks,
-- dims