www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corporate Contributions
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:46:19 GMT
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:39:00 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> In your case, what does this mean that you can't get a "formal
> agreement" from the legal dept?  Is that related to your employment
> contract / agreement?  Does this mean that there are rights that they
> hold and don't want to give up?  Or does it mean that our CCLA is too
> broad/narrow/wrong/whatever?  (I've heard feedback about our CCLA to
> that end...)
>
> Is there some other kind of document we could create to help this?

It is very simple: My work for the ASF isn't recognized well. My boss
would definitely prefer me to play soccer or do whatever in my spare
time, but not write software, which could potentially spread know how
to the outside world. They accept it, that's all. But *help* me by
*formally signing* a document, that doesn't pay a single cent to the
company? Why should they?

Jochen

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)